Saturday, 3 December 2011

gonna get over you

goodbye
should be saying that to you by now,
shouldn't I?
Laying down the law that I live by,
though maybe next time,
I've got a thick tongue,
brimming with the words that go unsung,
simmer than the burn for a someone,
A WRONG ONE.

and I tell myself to let the story end,
MY HEART will rest in someone else's hand.
my 'WHY NOT ME?' philosophy began,
and I say

Oh, how am I gonna get over you?
I'll be ALRIGHT, just not tonight
someday, oh i wish you'd want me to stay.
I'll be alright, just not tonight,
SOMEDAY.

maybe is a vicious little word that can SLAY me,
keep me when I'm HURTING and make me,
hang from YOUR HANDS.

well NO MORE,
I won't BEG to buy a shot at your back door,
if I make it at the THOUGHT OF YOU, WHAT FOR?
It's not me anymore.

I'm not the girl that I INTEND TO BE,
I dare you darling, just you WAIT AND SEE,
but this time NOT FOR YOU but just FOR ME,

someday,
say it's coming soon,
someday WITHOUT YOU,
all I can do is get me PAST THE GHOST OF YOU,
 wave GOODBYE to me,
I WON'T SAY I'M SORRY,
I'll be alright once I find the OTHER SIDE OF SOMEDAY,

how am i gonna get over you,
I'll be alright, just not tonight,
someday,
oh i wish you'd want me to stay,
I'll be alright, just not tonight
BUT SOMEDAY....

No comments:

Post a Comment